Max and Molly's Mom

Monday, April 17, 2006

Adoption paperwork


Slow progress on the adoption paperwork today. I spent some time last night working on my autobiography. I got confirmation about what pieces of my husband's divorce decree are needed. It seems so far away, that day my child comes home to me. I wonder if she's conceived yet. I wonder about the woman who will give birth to her. I am sad that such a devasting moment has to come to any woman, to make the decision that a life away from the woman who gave birth is best for a baby. I am also grateful that I might have a chance to be a part of that baby's life.
Then I think of all the happy moments there will be when our daughter is home with us, making up silly songs with her dad and giggling when he tickles her and calling out for her older brother to play with her and having her big sister teach her how to play Barbies and dress-up. And I'll get my camera out and take more pictures than I took of my fabulous puppies!
The puppies had two walks today so they are fast asleep in the living room. Molly now has a full stomach. She's been refusing to eat the "old" dog food and has waiting almost a week for me to get a new bag. She's content again for a while.
The drain in the basement is backing up when the wash machine runs. Does anyone know why that is or who we should call?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home