Max and Molly's Mom

Sunday, May 07, 2006

How fast time flies...

The adoption interview was on Wednesday evening. Husband got the house sparkling clean and picked up. The kids were on their best behavior. And the dogs just wanted to lick the social worker's face. Ah, well. I think it went good, despite the dogs.

Then work got a little crazy. Then Husband had to work on Step-son's science project and I had to keep Step-daughter from getting in the way. Then we went out for pizza. Then the kids and I had a great Saturday, shopping, out to lunch and to the park. Then Husband's sister and her kids and brother came over for dinner, kids stayed overnight, sister came back for more fun and dinner on Sunday. Got some flowers planted and the grass cut. And Max and Molly with probably sleep until Tuesday with all of the weekend activity. I suppose I could, too.

Back to the adoption: the home study will get dated as of our first wedding anniversary so I can't send in the I-600A or work on the dossier until June 1st. That gives me some time to check out possibilities for the addition AND (just to be sure we're doing the right thing) go check out some houses for sale.

Husband just told me it was a good day. I have to agree. Just the right amount of family and sunshine for a Sunday. I wish I could have gone to my own family's get-together today. Hopefully I will see them soon. Seeing Husband's family always makes me want to see my own more.

The latest question for anyone listening: Where can I get cut straw?

1 Comments:

  • At May 07, 2006 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a fun weekend!!!! We didn't go either- but had lunch with Toby's mom and sister. Thanks for the comment :P- our family is so techie these days :) I don't look to skanky in the pic do I? Anyway, just wanted to say- I don't even know if I'LL run much anymore- at least not until I'm making money and can go to an orthopedic or physical therapist for the knee issues!!! Love You!!!!!! Oh- and call me soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home